Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You'll get involved. You'll take risks. You'll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The FCA Quality organization is currently seeking a solutions-oriented Temporary Endurance Driver to join the Quality team at the Arizona Proving Grounds in Yucca, AZ. The role for the temporary endurance driver is to execute designed engineered tests in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner. The rigorous testing performed on these specially designed roads leads to the identification of issues of safety, performance and endurance, post and pre vehicle launch.
With the variation in our product launch schedule and timing, the demand for temporary endurance drivers fluctuates between extreme high (every day for weeks) and periodic needs (shift or day specific). Due to the fluctuation throughout the year, we are looking for individuals with flexible schedules and the ability to work full time during peak seasons (typically summer). These roles are positions for individuals who are looking to supplement their income. Those who are interested in participating as Temporary Endurance Drivers, who meet the requirements, are encouraged to apply.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate vehicles under varying speed conditions at CPG according to written instructions and test procedures
- Perform pre-driving vehicle safety inspection by checking and adding fluids (examples: engine lubricants, fuels, coolants, transmission fluids, power steering fluids, windshield washer solvents and other similar fluids as designated by instructions, required for the safe operation of the vehicle assigned) record the necessary information as specified in the Driver's Instruction
- Inspect the vehicle for damage and tire wear; report findings to the shift supervisor
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness, appropriate tire pressure and change tires as required
- Operate vehicles according to written instructions and established test procedures in the Driver's Instruction (iPad) daily activities and findings, including test cycles, miles, vehicle issues (i.e., noises, handling, brakes, etc.) on daily Driver's Report
- Enter all daily findings from the above Driver Report into computerized data recording system (PGTIS)
- Perform vehicle driving and other vehicle test related tasks as required
- Work with other staff members to address vehicle issues as required
- Assist with special events as appropriate
- High school diploma or GED required
- Possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must be proficient in driving BOTH automatic and manual (stick shift) transmissions
- Must be comfortable with using technology (iPad or other tablet devices, computer systems, etc.) for data entry, instructions, etc.
- Must possess the ability to learn and operate new vehicle features
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate findings both verbally and in writing
- Possess general vehicle operating knowledge and ability to drive in both daylight and evening conditions, over variety of test surfaces (ex. paved/gravel roads, off-route courses, etc) while being seated in a driving position posture for extended periods (typically 6 hours per day)
- Ability to work any of the three shifts of operations, including weekends, and be able to commit to long periods of consecutive work days
- Prior test driving experience, CDL/DOT certifications, experience towing a trailer
- Prior experience driving a variety of vehicle types (ex. compact car, commercial grade truck, tow a trailer)