The Assembly Center Manager is responsible for managing the overall departmental operations consistently with World Class Manufacturing principles to maximize safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale and other internal metrics. This position will liaise with senior management in the plant to maximize overall quality and efficiency. The Center Manager will oversee all personnel for the Assembly Division: Production, Maintenance, Quality and Process Engineering, both hourly and salary.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have a strong working knowledge of assembly production processes, facility operations, logistics, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of WCM, manufacturing operation processes, quality systems, throughput, standardization, product/process launch
- Ability to effectively lead a diverse workforce, teach, coach and mentor employees to go above and beyond required operational and business objectives
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and develop the best teams while holding themselves and others accountable
- Ability to manage and coordinate complex projects while maintaining simplistic communications to others
- Must be able to make tough calls quickly and decisively while maintaining a high level of integrity
- Must possess excellent written, presentation, and communication skills
- Lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
- Advanced degree preferred
- Automotive experience preferred
- 10 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience as a Pillar Lead