The Summer Vacation Replacement (SVR) is responsible for managing multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment. The SVR will be responsible for coordinating daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes. The SVR will be required to oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of team leaders and team members and practice the FCA Leadership Principles.
SVRs are assigned to our manufacturing facilities located throughout Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio in the following organizations: Assembly Operations; Engine and Transmission Manufacturing; Environment, Health and Safety; Industrial Engineering; Manufacturing Engineering; Material Logistics Management; and Stamping Operations.
- Bachelor's degree or currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Willing to work in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree or currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Manufacturing related field
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in manufacturing and manufacturing operations in the automotive industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications