The Metrology Center Manager represents solid commitment on behalf of FCA LLC's efforts to maintain world class quality. This unprecedented commitment of facility, measurement tools and human infrastructure will allow precise measurement of all the incoming parts and effective root-cause analysis of dimensional issues. It will ensure better dimensional control and capability at launch and continuous improvement throughout the vehicle build. The Metrology Center Manager is responsible for leading and managing all Metrology related activities. The Metrology Center Manager leads root cause analysis of all dimensional issues and leverages various inspection equipment. He or she works with production and cross-functional teams in developing, evaluating and implementing corrective actions (example: simulating a shim move and evaluating its impact using Meisterbock).
The person in this position leads dimensional certification for all 'buy' parts for new launches following the part qualification process and assists in stamping and supplier engineering activities, with part buyoff and prioritization matrices for part improvements. The Manager leads and coaches interior /exterior teams through use of QAF fixtures and supplier reviews to ensure zero build issues and timely supplier support, feedback and commitments are achieved. The Manager also leads parts and system validation processes for all body geometry and proactively leads variation reduction efforts for the body shop (goal of achieving Cp/Cpk > 1.33 for all critical features by V1 and sustaining those levels through product life cycle). Additional duties include publishing daily, weekly, monthly reports and championing the executive review on dimensional performance indicators, issue presentation, and drive corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of combined experience with Metrology equipment for root cause diagnostics such as scanning, CMM, laser tracker, vision measurement and component gages
- Experience solving dimensional issues, wind noise, water leak, squeak and rattle body interior/exterior issues
- Understand capabilities and use of various Metrology Systems
- Understand expectations of stamping and body shop dimensional performance
- Proficient in the use of various data analysis techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistics and SPC techniques
- Team leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering
- 8+ years of combined experience with Metrology equipment for root cause diagnostics
- Gage and inspection experience