The Area Sales Manager is a revenue-generating sales position working with a group of Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and RAM dealerships within multiple states surrounding one of our regional Business Centers.
The Area Manager is responsible for maximizing retail sales, vehicle production, performance, revenue and achieving established targets in his/her district, composed of 10-15 higher volume dealers in a major market. This role will serve as a liaison between the dealers' and FCA to assist in all areas of retail development including forecasting retail sales objectives by vehicle line ensuring the dealer orders meet market demand and managing monthly vehicle allocation and scheduling to ensure maximum production capability within the district. Additional responsibilities will include reviewing minimum sales responsibility (MSR) and provide consultation on improvement opportunities, as well as reviewing and analyzing dealer financial statements and consult with dealers to improve their operations and retail business. This role will ensure that advertising and marketing initiatives are consistent with the corporate message and branding guidelines, as well as ensuring proper levels of sales satisfaction are present at all dealerships while identifying areas for improvement. The Area Sales Manager will motivate and lead independent entrepreneurs to higher levels of performance consistent with marketing plans, merchandising, and financial statement reviews. Training dealership personnel on new products is another critical responsibility of the AM.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales or a related field of study
- 2 or more years of sales or marketing experience
- Willing to relocate for promotional opportunities
- Past experience in an automotive environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Excel in building positive working relationships
- Entrepreneurial individual with a history of leadership and achievement
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to achieve goals under minimal supervision