The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for performing process engineering activities, including simultaneous engineering, project management, plant launch support, continuous process improvement and other product/process assurance planning activities.
The Engineer will support and contribute to DEP's World Class Manufacturing (WCM) program and tools and also responsible for the initial phases of tool engineering in this extensive CNC machining and electrical controls environment. The initial phases include determining the complete required tooling, estimating cost, and obtaining competitive bids from vendors. She/he will determine which manufacturing operations will be performed and in what sequence, determine for each operation the number and kind of machine tools used, including fixtures and gauges and the proper feeds and speeds for each machine to ensure HPE productivity targets are achieved, develop plant layouts for placement and arrangement of machinery and equipment, prepare specifications for architects and major contractors while participating in the initial phases of quality engineering and determine quality control methods, procedures and techniques to control and improve product quality.
The selected candidate will also conduct studies using advanced statistical methods and techniques for solution of quality issues, provide floor support to address downtime issues and support Dynamometer and cold test operations, debug and program new equipment and actively participate in DEP's employee suggestion program, Innovation by Suggestion.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology or related technical field
- 18 months or more of experience in a manufacturing environment, with some knowledge of current engine plant manufacturing processes, technology and tooling and equipment activities
- Must possess some experience and knowledge of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) equipment
- Some exposure to simultaneous engineering with product and/or process engineering suppliers
- Experience and working knowledge of computer systems and software
- Experience with Siemens, FANUC or Mitsubishi PLC's and Servo's (Controls Engineering Background)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with a variety of people at all levels within the organization
- Self-directed, team oriented with demonstrated planning/problem solving skills
- Weekend/rotational work may be required