Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You'll get involved. You'll take risks. You'll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The FCA Powertrain organization is currently seeking a Powertrain Calibration Engineer to join the team at the Chelsea Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI. The Engine Calibration Engineer for Emissions and Drivability is responsible for developing the engine calibrations to meet LEV II, LEV III emission standards at lowest system cost while delivering world-class drivability. The Engineer will work with the base engine hardware releasing groups, scientific labs, and vehicle teams. Develop and implement best practice design and calibration solutions. Perform verification testing in accordance with powertrain system functional objectives.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in emissions systems calibration development, with knowledge of LEV II and LEV III emissions levels and vehicle drivability to meet corporate drivability requirements
- Minimum of 6 months ETAS INCA Tool experience or equivalent data acquisition experience
- Masters of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Master's of Science in Computer Science from an ABET accredited University
- Hardware In the Loop development /verification experience
- Experience with database management of production calibrations
- Understanding of engine system fundamentals
- Good teamwork skills and ability to work independently