Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You'll get involved. You'll take risks. You'll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The FCA Quality organization is currently seeking a solutions-oriented Instrumentation/ Electrical Controls Engineer to join the Quality team at the Chelsea Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI. The Instrumentation/ Electrical Controls Engineer will be a member of the Chelsea Proving Grounds (CPG) Instrumentation Support Services team and will provide support for a variety of projects and test facilities.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project management, implementing PLC control system upgrades and new installations, HMI devices, wireless networking, troubleshooting system and test issues
- Directing the work of vendors and in house personnel, prioritizing support
- Designing and implementing system improvements, etc.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working with PLC control Systems
- Experience working with the latest Allen Bradley PLC's
- Experience working with Wonderware HMI's or equivalent
- Experience working with wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, cellular, GPS)
- Experience with Data Acquisition Systems and management of projects
- Proven project management and trouble shooting skills
- Experience working with GE PLC's
- Knowledge of vehicle communications technologies
- Knowledge of vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure technologies (V2X)