Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You'll get involved. You'll take risks. You'll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The FCA Powertrain organization is currently seeking a Gasoline Engine Torque Security Calibration Engineer to join the team at the Chelsea Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI. The Gasoline Engine Torque Security Calibration Engineer is responsible for calibrating and validating the in-field and in-plant diagnostic software for level 1 and level 2 diagnostics including pedal, throttle, torque model tests and limp-home mitigating actions. The Engineer will collect passing and failing data populating to understand the variability of each diagnostic strategy to minimize false pass / false fail and ensure robustness. They will validate calibration according to the DVP&R, release calibrations, support issue resolution of corporate fleet and in-field concerns, as well as provide input to hardware designs as necessary. They will also develop tests plans to achieve work deliverables on time and will provide test summary reports and status throughout the duration of their work.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 6 months or more of experience or equivalent projects in Powertrain systems
- Minimum of 6 months or more of experience with ETAS INCA, Matlab or equivalent advanced data acquisition systems
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Good teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Master of Science in Computer Science from an ABET accredited university
- Hardware In the Loop development /verification
- Database management of production calibrations
- Understanding of level 1 / level 2 requirements and CARB diagnostic regulations
- Experience with diagnostic calibration, engine calibration or transmission calibration