Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You'll get involved. You'll take risks. You'll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The FCA Powertrain organization is currently seeking a Gasoline Engine On board Diagnostic Calibration Engineer to join the team at the Chelsea Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI. The Engine OBD Calibration Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing best practice calibration solutions and performing diagnostic verification testing. The Engine OBD Calibration Engineer will manage all technical aspects of the OBD diagnostic calibrations to meet CARB regulations, identify system requirements during system hardware design to insure a robust diagnostic system, and use standard instrumentation toolsets for data acquisition, storage, and analysis. They will calibrate diagnostic thresholds to meet CARB regulations, develop and track calibration solutions that meet system functional objectives, identify system requirements during system hardware design to insure a robust diagnostic system, incorporate Design for Six Sigma best practices to optimize system designs, and provide regular overview summaries and detailed reports on specific assignments, including timing projections. The candidate should expect to travel 2 - 4 weeks throughout the year for system validation/verification.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- 6 months or more experience in Powertrain systems calibration development, OBD calibration, engine calibration or transmission calibration
- 6 months or more experience with ETAS INCA, Matlab or equivalent advanced data acquisition systems
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Good teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Master of Science in Computer Science from an ABET accredited university
- Hardware in the loop development /verification
- Database management of production calibrations
- Understanding of CARB diagnostic regulations