The Dyno Wiring Team Lead is responsible for leading a small group of development engineers to provide high quality and timely wiring services to the Powertrain organization to ensure that product development needs and timing milestones are met. This individual will lead all operational aspects of test cell wiring design, prototyping, documentation, and troubleshooting in addition to the supervision of the personnel in this area. Responsibilities include: supporting dyno testing activities by providing wiring harness design, fabrication and documentation, and troubleshooting and repair activities; ensuring that test cell wiring issues are resolved so that the cells are available to support 24/7 testing; developing and managing a harness reuse/rebuild/recondition process when harnesses come off of test; developing a standard test cell interface and infrastructure to ensure a common interface to engine wiring harnesses. Leadership responsibilities also include employee development, providing employee performance feedback at yearly reviews, and ensuring consistent and high levels of quality work.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of vehicle electrical systems, wiring, engine controls, or CAN communications
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple / complex technical and personnel issues.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change, where needed, and to create/sustain energy and drive results
- Strong personal commitment to product and process improvement and ability to keep focused on delivering results
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university or a Master's degree in Business Administration
- 5 years of experience in Powertrain
- Dyno Testing (engine/transmission/vehicle) -- minimum 3 years