At FCA, the Product Design group is influential in driving our pride and passion for world-class products. Our designers help set the pace for the company by developing concepts for new and exciting driving experiences. Designers at FCA are encouraged to think bigger, push harder and continually invent and reinvent automotive technologies and designs. FCA offers designers unrivaled career opportunities in the center of automotive innovation. As our product evolves, so do our designers.
The Visual Designers work hand-in-hand with the Interior and Exterior Design Teams producing cutting edge, user friendly, and visually pleasing in-vehicle interfaces and user experiences for all FCA brands. As a Visual Designer, you will work closely with the FCA User Experience (UX) Design Team, Product Design Office, engineers, software team, outside suppliers, and product managers through all stages of the product cycle to create compelling, coherent and user friendly designs. The selected candidate will be a critical thinker and self-motivated with the ability to express concepts verbally and visually refining them through final production artwork.
The Designer will create a look consistent with all of FCA's individual branding guidelines and detailed Style Guides for communication to suppliers and developers. The selected candidate will communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively. The Designer will present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find and market and promote products and features so users understand what they're getting and what the benefits are. The selected candidate must maintain multiple projects at once and organize and manage graphic files for all of Product Design Office.
We're looking for people who thrive in a fast paced environment, deliver as a way of life and are inspired to make a positive impact.
Team members are expected to establish effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners. Sound judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's of Arts or Science degree in Design (i.e. graphic, visual communications, interaction, product, industrial) or equivalent
- 3 years of relevant design experience
- A passion for design and exceptional eye for detail
- Must provide a portfolio, or website, showing relevant examples of your best design work
- A minimum of 5 years of experience designing interfaces, experiences, and graphics
- Experience in designing outstanding vehicle-based products
- Proficient working in the latest version of Adobe Creative Suite -- must be familiar working in vector and pixel based graphics
- 3D rendering skills
- Proven ability to act as a leader, communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships