The General Assembly Trim-Final Operations Technical Center of Competence (CoC) Lead is responsible to organize and align the activities of FCA Assembly In-System Damage (ISD) and Fixed Glass Install Technical CoC teams, driving the development and deployment of standardized best practice methods and tools to attack the root causes of safety, quality and throughput issues throughout the Trim and Final areas.
- Guide and assist plant teams in the use of 4M methods to reduce and eliminate customer defects associated with in-system damage and fixed glass installation, and achieve throughput and efficiency objectives.
- Supervise activities of one or more Standards Engineers who are technical specialists in in-system damage protection, glass installation, and other key Trim Shop processes.
- Lead regular Technical CoC Team meetings with assembly plant leads; compile action register for team attendance and assignments.
- Visit all plants on a periodic basis to compare and contrast trim initiatives and assure compliance with standard practices.
- Compile detailed best practices from all plants and new launches and develop read-across plans and sustainment activities; review and process plant suggestions for standards revisions.
- Identify skills requirements and development plans for Technical CoC Team members.
- Develop and publish standard practices and tooling and equipment standards for Trim production systems, including badging, glass install, ISD protection.
- Meet regularly with operating plant management to discuss findings and performance gaps and assure proper support.
- Represent the needs of the plants' maintenance and tooling teams with process and tool engineering and product engineering to drive innovative, cost-effective solutions to production or quality problems.
- Benchmark competition, other regions, and other industries in order to seek out new and improved solutions.
- Prepare and present regular status updates for Senior Management.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or other Bachelor's degree with relevant Manufacturing Engineering/Quality experience
- Minimum 3 years' of manufacturing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel in support of NAFTA Assembly locations
- Skilled in data management and analysis using appropriate tools such as Excel or Minitab
- Superior root cause analysis and problem solving skills, including Kaizen methodology
- Excellent working knowledge of production processes and tooling in Trim Shop areas
- Understanding of FCA corporate systems used in tracking/reporting quality and production data (e.g. PFS/PFCS, FIS, AVI)