The Transmission Calibrator is responsible for designing and developing a product/products family. The engineer ensures production procedures are efficiently utilized as well as the materials and personnel. The candidate tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary. The Transmission clutch control calibrator will be responsible to ensure vehicle meets functional objectives including shift quality, fuel economy, and performance. The Calibrator is responsible for full validation including hot climate, altitude, grade testing, snow, mud, sand conditions. This position will include significant vehicle calibration and may include dynamometer based calibration activity. This position will also include training activity to learn clutch timing and pressure calibration details.
- BSME, BSEE or equivalent degree from an accredited university
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- MS Office Suite skills including Word and Excel
- Transmission and/or engine calibration experience
- Transmission and/or engine fundamental understanding / mechanical experience
- SAE formula or SAE Baja team member
- Matlab or INCA calibration tool experience