At FCA, we are committed to attracting and retaining leaders at every level of our organization. We search for people that exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit, act with integrity and are accountable for delivering what they promise. We give them the freedom to think for themselves, the encouragement to share their ideas and the rewards that make it worth their while. If you're ready to drive your own success, see what makes FCA US a place where leaders thrive.
The Surface Feasibility Seats Engineer is responsible for synthesizing engineering requirements with Product Design Office (PDO) appearance requirements across all programs through concurrent 3D data development, from Theme Select to Step 3 program milestones. The Engineer will ensure that the PDO surface release supports engineering design practices and lessons learned. The selected candidate will drive PDO surface priorities at the component level to ensure PDO surface is completed in time to support Engineering deliverables and component tool kick-off timing. The Engineer will provide consistent engineering feasibility support to PDO team for cockpit components across all programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cockpit, seats and/or hard trim design/development in areas of: Seats, Instrument panel, Floor console, Door trim, Hard trim, Soft trim, Overhead systems or Injection molded components
- Catia V5, NX, TeamCenter, FCA business system experience
- Self-starter with ability to lead and direct a cross-functional team
- Energetic leader
- Previous experience in advanced engineering program support with PDO (OEM or supplier level)
- An understanding and appreciation for both PDO and Engineering design requirements
- Hands on experience with design, release and manufacturing of interior trim or cockpit components
- Knowledge of tooling (injection molding, blow molding, foaming, stamping)
- Injection molding, blow molding, foaming process and stamping experience
- MS Office experience