The Strategic Planning Manager SPM oversees the activities across multi-functional business areas: product engineering, quality, vehicle safety and manufacturing, ensuring that the workload assigned to the business partners is planned and handled according to strategic guidelines provided by the business groups. The Strategic Planning Manager manages the relationship with cross functional groups helping to establish priorities and alignment with IT priorities; reports back to the strategic plan function based on KPIs, monitors budgets and overall team performance.
The Strategic Planning Manager is responsible to provide financial, project management and architecture services to the BPE Build and Run groups.
The SPM is responsible for:
- Coordinates financial, project management and architectural services for projects that cross functional organizations
- Establishes innovation planning activities to support driving technical solutions to the business
- Drives application architecture standards, processes and guidelines into the application development and support processes identifying technology risks and ensuring portfolio sustainability
- Assists in the development of business cases that effectively illustrate the value of the need -- from cost/benefits and alignment to the enterprise and business goals
- Members of the Innovation Community of Practice
- Interfaces with Strategic Planning Manager / Business Relationship Managers / Application Run Managers / IT Business Development Lead, A&I Planning team and Strategic Planning Managers
- Corporate Strategic Initiatives Planning
- Global Business Process/IT Roadmap development and validation
- Planning Team resource planning
- Department resource planning management
- Supplier Partner escalated issue management
- Department Organizational Effectiveness with respect to metrics for: Supplier SLA, contract, PBR KPIs, and IT scorecard
- Writes and Executes POC projects with respect to innovation and early adaptor POCs
- Establishes and maintains an executive project dashboard for functional organization
- Directs strategic initiatives with Build and Run groups
- Drives innovation supporting desired technology
- Evaluates project objectives
- Provides project management and application architecture services and resources supporting strategic projects
- Attends Leadership Steering Committee
- Industrial Convergence Enablement (project registration, checkpoint 1 and 2)
- Benchmarking and Vendor Evaluations
- Research on latest technologies and vendor capabilities for a functional organization
- Drives contract management best practices and support for a functional organization
- Continually drives process, technology and innovation continuous improvements
Decision Making Authority:
The Strategic Planning Manager approves project prioritization and incremental capital and G&A requests for submission to CIO and Leadership review. Approve invoices (per UDA) for services and assets provided to the IT functions.
The Strategic Planning Manager is responsible for the organization portfolio budget cost tracking; pre-cost / project summary approvals, project status, and innovation, technical roadmap, capital and G&A budget builds:
- Process and document Audits (ICT Scorecard compliance, etc.) and remediation.
- Prioritization of A&I effort within functional IT group (IPRs).
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology or related field
- 6 year's experience with multiple formal IT project management and application architecture solution development
- Knowledge of both TOGAF and Zachman architect frameworks
- Oversight of project teams; gathering functional and technical requirements, project timelines, status reporting, issues/risk identification and mitigation, and deployment
- 6 years Supplier relationship management
- In-depth knowledge of SLA / KPI development and calculations
- 5 years Program Management experience in Waterfall and/or Agile software development methodology
- High level project management experience in successfully delivering complex cross-functional solutions within a defined SDLC.
- Experience in project lifecycles from business case development through final delivery to operational support
- Experience writing contracts and SOWs with external partners
- Proven track record working in a cross functional team environment
- 5 years Business Analysis experience
- Experience serving multiple business partners simultaneously
- 3 years previous supervisory experience
- Master's Degree
- Knowledge of PMP/PMI framework and book of knowledge.
- PM Certification