Come join our Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) NAFTA Legal Team where we are committed to partnering with our internal clients, and external counsel to effectively manage complex legal matters. Be a part of a team filled with collaborative, resourceful and determined lawyers who play a vital role in our business activities.
We are looking for lawyers to join our Legal Commercial Affairs team. The Senior Staff Counsel- Real Estate position is primarily responsible for providing legal advice, counsel and services to FCA's Corporate and Dealership Real Estate Departments with respect to all aspects of FCA's real estate activities, including negotiating and drafting the broad range of real estate documents (including purchase and sale agreements, leases, options, and licenses, access agreements and other boundary matters) for the acquisition/disposition and leasing of corporate and dealership real property, drafting mortgages and other financing instruments, and advising on related real estate issues. Provide advice and counsel to FCA's Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Real Estate Departments on real estate issues related to mergers and acquisitions and similar transactions. Negotiate and draft real estate provisions of such transactions; evaluate and advise on risks associated with such transactions. Work closely with related FCA specialists, such as environmental, tax and corporate attorneys and business clients. Handle and oversee real estate dispute resolution, and provide advice on real estate litigation. As necessary, work with and manage outside counsel on such dispute, litigation and transactional matters. Experience handling construction matters is a plus. There may be some travel to various site locations as needs dictate.
- Juris Doctor degree with strong academic background
- Admitted to the practice of law in Michigan or able to gain admission
- Minimum 10 years in-house or law firm legal experience practicing complex real estate law
- Minimum 10 years of experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on broad range of real estate transactions and related issues, including financing
- Possess excellent research, and written and oral communication, analytic, organizational and strategic thinking skills
- Real estate dispute resolution and litigation
- Corporate real estate policy and procedure
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to address and resolve complex matters
- Experience handling automotive dealership properties and construction matters is a plus
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills; ability work with and coordinate well with business clients and other Office of General Counsel colleagues
- Possess the ability to think creatively and efficiently to issue-spot and resolve complex business and legal issues
- Able to balance the high demand of multiple projects and fast-paced work