The Senior Manager, Technical and Special Accounting Operations is responsible for managing and directing the technical and special accounting operations for the NAFTA region and FCA US. These operations consist of ongoing technical accounting activities and other special projects as assigned including: (a)managing the preparation of technical accounting position papers for significant business transactions and commercial contracts, including research and evaluation of the appropriate accounting treatment under both IFRS and US GAAP; (b) managing the implementation of new accounting standards within the NAFTA region; (c) managing and directing the communication of identified issues, new accounting impacts and other matters to senior and regional management of NAFTA/FCA US and FCA NV; (d) lead reviews with internal management and external auditors; (e)special projects and technical accounting research on various topics, as assigned; (f) support development, preparation and delivery of technical accounting training programs, as well as, on the job training to others within the Technical Accounting team, Corporate Accounting and other Finance teams; and (g) development and management of direct reports.
He / she will also be responsible for the following: (a) managing the accounting and reporting for Treasury operations, including debt instruments, derivatives and other financial instruments; (b) share based compensation accounting for all the FCA NV entities, including FCA US; (c) managing the accounting for restructuring and purchase accounting activities; (d) managing the accounting and reporting requirements for financial instruments, along with those associated with various Fair Value Accounting pronouncements; (e) managing the annual impairment testing for goodwill and other intangibles, as well as, other valuation exercises, as required; (f) monitoring and ensuring SOX compliance related to all of the above areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 13 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Public Accounting
- Minimum of 4 years of corporate experience
- Practical application of both US GAAP and IFRS
- MBA or Masters in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Public Accounting - Big 4 or large regional firm experience preferred
- Excellent technical accounting, analytic, communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of IASB and FASB accounting pronouncements, particularly related to fair value, revenue recognition, leasing, financial instruments, and share based compensation, financial statement disclosures and SEC rules and regulations
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills with a bias for action and issue resolution
- Ability to work under pressure and in a time constrained environment MBA or Masters in Accounting/Finance