Come join our FCA Vehicle Safety & Regulatory Compliance Team where we are committed to doing what's best for our customers. Be a part of a team filled with bright, resourceful and determined employees who play a vital role in FCA's regulatory development, certification and compliance activities.
We are looking for Product Investigators to join our Vehicle Safety and Product Analysis team. These positions are primarily responsible for conducting comprehensive technical investigations related to vehicle safety and compliance.
The Vehicle Safety and Product Analysis team is a collaborative group which works with many different functional groups to effectively manage and lead all product investigations to determine root cause and related information.
We're looking for people who thrive in a fast paced environment, deliver as a way of life and are inspired to make a positive impact.
Team members are expected to establish effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners. Sound judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The NHTSA Product Investigator will be responsible to lead the investigation, obtain all required information and assemble the response to Information Requests initiated by NHTSA. The Investigator will work with internal teams (e.g., Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Service and Legal) to gather critical data as part of the investigation lead interactions with internal and external teams to find root cause and determine corrective action plans. The selected candidates will also search and analyze field data from corporate databases to support investigative work and prepare documents, reports, presentations and demonstrations for discussions with management and/or governmental agencies. The Product investigator maintains thorough and complete records on internal databases and will obtain components and technical information from subject matter experts necessary to support analysis.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university (other degrees with relevant experience may be considered)
- A minimum of 5 years of automotive engineering experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse cross functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to critical deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to adjust and adapt to changing inputs within an investigation
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Interior, and/or Electrical Engineering such as releasing, resident engineering, quality, etc. (this role will cover multiple domains)
- Shainin and/or DFSS background
- Knowledge of FMVSS regulations
- Manufacturing or quality background
- Engineering releasing background
- Experience in multiple disciplines