The Valvetrain team is seeking a Product Engineer to take on a wide range of exciting design/development activities for FCA four cylinder engines. Valvetrain components responsibility may include; roller finger followers, hydraulic lash adjusters, Multi-Air valve actuators, and direct injection fuel pump tappets.
The Product Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing base engine components and systems. The Product Engineer will initiate pre-source packages, collaborate with designers and CAE groups to optimize designs, develop DFMEA's and DVP&R's to ensure functional objectives and durability goals are met, and present technical documents to chief engineers and management. The Product Engineer will also participate in post-test engine reviews including failure analysis and will specify test requirements and work with dyno and vehicle technicians. The Product Engineer will work closely with suppliers and manufacturing teams to ensure designs are robust and feasible in manufacturing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace, from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of engine operation and strong interest in engine design
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Candidate must have a positive attitude, be highly motivated, self-directed, have the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Five years of experience with engine design, development and testing
- Familiarity with FCA systems such as CCD/CN and EBOM
- Experience using TeamCenter/NX applications
- Specific experience with valve train systems hardware, and familiarity with engine lubrication systems, structures, sealing systems, PCV systems and engine testing
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer software skills
- Exhibits strong leadership potential
- DFSS certification