The Powertrain Transmission Calibration Engineer is responsible for designing and developing a product/products family. The engineer ensures production procedures efficiency as well as utilization of materials and personnel. He/she tests finished products for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary. This position will work with in-vehicle test instrumentation, ETAS-INCA calibration tools and mathematical analysis tools such as Matlab to meet objectives. The candidate will be a part of the drivability and benchmarking team and will conduct vehicle assessments on all FCA automatic transmission vehicles at the Chelsea Proving Grounds. The engineer will review data with calibration engineers to address opportunities for improvements based on subjective and objective metrics. The candidate will gain valuable experience utilizing advanced calibration equipment. The engineer will learn to update both engine and transmission software, debug cars, and gain an understanding of shift controls and interactive features between the engine and transmission.
- BSME, BSEE or equivalent degree
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- MS office suite skills including Word, Excel, etc.
- Transmission and/or engine calibration experience
- Transmission and/or engine fundamental understanding /mechanical experience
- SAE formula or SAE Baja team member
- Matlab, INCA calibration tool experience, Simulink, Data Acquisition, Excel