Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You'll get involved. You'll take risks. You'll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The Powertrain Dynamometer Mechanic will be responsible for conducting FCA powertrain performance testing on new engines. The Mechanic will be responsible for installing engines in dynamometer cell, fabricating needed components to support test, maintain, diagnose, repair, monitor testing and maintain cell operation. The Mechanic will operate in a team environment with other skilled mechanics.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- In depth understanding of engine and transmission operation, assembly, diagnosis and repair
- Understanding of dynamometer operation and data acquisition
- Fabrication skills including welding and basic machining (MIG and TIG)
- Basic electrical diagnosis and repair skills
- Associates degree in automotive technology
- ASE certifications
- Automotive powertrain dynamometer experience
- Diagnostics and corrective action on powertrain
- Fabrication skills for fixtures, exhaust, jigs and brackets