Powertrain Development Engineer will be responsible for evaluating fuel economy improvement and greenhouse gas reduction technologies at a powertrain system level. System level evaluations will be conducted for evaluating fuel economy potential including thermal and electrical systems. Analytical and empirical methods including vehicle level tests, dynamometer testing, and component spin rig testing will be used. Statistical methods will be used to determine effectiveness of potential technologies to meet future standards.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university or equivalent
- Valid US Driver's License and proficient skills in public road operation
- Knowledge of spark ignition IC engines, engine/ controls and calibration/control strategies
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience