Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You'll get involved. You'll take risks. You'll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The Chrysler Engineering Quality Organization is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our Quality Team at the Chrysler Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan. This position offers the selected candidate an opportunity to drive the execution of quality in an entire vehicle line within the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram or Fiat Brands. The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring launched products exceed customer expectations as measured by the six types of Quality. This team member is responsible for the independent review of product design, process and execution ensuring adherence to specific quality standards that protect the end customer. The candidate must have a proven track record for the development and execution of robust processes and design leading to an end product that delights the customer.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or higher
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in Engineering or Manufacturing Quality, some experience in design releasing would be beneficial
- 5 years of supervising people in manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint; including presentation skills
- Must be self-motivated, results driven, able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent critical thinking and leadership skills
- Strong oral / written communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Will be required to travel domestic and internationally (60-80%)
- Advanced degree
- Prior experience in a quality organization
- Knowledgeable in Body Shop, General Assembly and/or Paint Operations
- Basic knowledge in Process Capability measurement systems, statistics and data analysis
- Launch and warranty experience