The Network Control Center (NCC) Manager is responsible for the supervision of the Network Operations Center and its staff to ensure Fiat Chrysler NAFTA network infrastructure operates effectively and efficiently 24x7. This fast paced and extremely demanding environment is staffed utilizing three shifts with 3 FCA, 55 Verizon and 10 NDI employees who function in various operationally related teams including: 24X7 Network Operation Center (NOC), 2nd Level Technical Support, Network and Application Tools monitoring and deployment, Network Security Operations, Onsite Hardware Support and Process and Project Management.
The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance, modernization, and day-to-day operations of corporate office locations, manufacturing/assembly sites and vendor/supplier remote connectivity including LAN, WAN, voice, video, firewall, VPN, routing and switching technologies. In addition, this person and their team are responsible for supporting network related projects, deployments and testing activity. They also negotiate, establish and manage vendor and purchased service contracts for resource staffing, hardware and software maintenance and equipment installation and replacement. Lastly, she/he are expected to manage a 30 million dollar G/A and capital budget, while giving executive presentations for funding allocation and approval.
Leadership objectives include providing technical leadership to the team while supporting operational issues, executing escalation procedures with FCA and vendor management to resolve issues, managing and fostering vendor relationships, developing a business partner supportive environment, facilitating a philosophy of constant improvement both in service delivery and staff skills, enhancing staff coordination and interaction with other units within architecture and infrastructure and the ICT Organization, participating in leadership and major department decisions and fostering collaborative teamwork, responsibility and accountability within the team.
The NCC manager is expected to emphasize a model of leadership, where decision-making and accountability at the level where the work is done is encouraged, the development of a service culture and team performance is rewarded, and where integration of voice and data operations must be accomplished. She/he must facilitate the development of effective technical and people skills that will enable the staff to assume new responsibilities, and to keep pace with and anticipate the changing nature of voice, data and wireless services.
This person will have a reporting relationship to the Senior Manager of Data Center, Mainframe and Network Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum 10 years of IT work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing large network operations
- Minimum 3 years of experience in outsourced multi-vendor environment
- Master's degree in a technical field
- Familiarity with industry-leading voice and data products, services, and company directions
- Desired familiarity with a wide range of products and vendors in the telecommunications environment (voice, data, wireless, and video)
- Knowledge of market trends for network, voice, and video solutions
- Ability to understand convergence of different technologies to enable the business
- Familiarity with other infrastructure technologies
- Strong leadership skills to influence others, exercise authority and direct outcomes
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues and vendor representatives
- Demonstrated skill and ability to establish expectations, delegate tasks, hold employees accountable for results, provide appropriate coaching, counseling, and development, and provide supportive and corrective feedback as needed
- Demonstrated excellent mentoring experience and skills
- Exceptional organizational skills to establish workload priorities, meet deadlines, and retain effectiveness in a complex environment involving heavy workloads and rapidly changing priorities
- Process oriented and understands the value of process consistency and compliance
- Ability and initiative to work independently with minimal direction and to exercise good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to develop reports, project plans, proposals, information pieces, standards updates, operations and maintenance procedures
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a member and/or leader of groups