The NAFTA Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for providing technical accounting guidance and support for the NAFTA region and FCA US and its subsidiaries on various complex accounting areas under both US GAAP and IFRS, such as; revenue recognition, multiple element arrangements, embedded leases, variable interest entities, etc. He/she will also be responsible for: (a) preparing technical accounting position papers for significant business transactions and commercial contracts, including research and evaluation of the appropriate accounting treatment under both US GAAP and IFRS, (b) monitoring the impact to NAFTA and FCA US of the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies, including the FASB and IASB, (c) preparing white papers on the implications of the proposed accounting standards on NAFTA and FCA US, (d) communicating identified issues, new accounting impacts and other matters to senior management of both FCA US and FCA NV, (e) coordinating accounting reviews with internal management and external auditors, (f) special projects and technical accounting research on various topics, as assigned, (g) preparing and delivering formal and on-the-job training to junior staff, Corporate Accounting and other Finance teams.
This position will interact with and support the Auburn Hills-based Global Technical Accounting Team and will have regular interactions with North American and global senior management including the Chief Accounting Officer and the Chief Financial Officer. As such, the ideal candidate will not only bring functional depth and credibility, but must also possess the requisite leadership traits that will ensure one's success in the immediate role, as well as future leadership assignments within the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; if no Bachelor's degree in the aforementioned, must have a Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
- Must be a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CA (Chartered Accountant)
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, including public accounting and private industry accounting experience with analytical accounting research
- Practical application and use of US GAAP and IFRS, including demonstrated ability to research and document technical accounting issues and resolutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to translate complex accounting topics to non-finance business partners
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in Audit, SOX, and Internal Controls
- Solid leadership experience managing projects, leading cross-functional teams and accountability for delivering on expected results and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to on-demand projects as they arise
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in working style to effectively manage change