The Logistics Buyer is responsible for procuring and commercially managing various modes of transportation services including; Ocean Transportation, Drayage, LTL, Packaging, Rail, etc. Specific responsibilities include; long term carrier and commodity strategies, competitive bidding, analysis, negotiating, establishing contracts an ongoing carrier relationships.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in one of more of the following fields; Logistics, Purchasing or Finance
- Self-directed and managed
- Excellent written and verbal business communications
- Strategic thinker with ability to implement action plans
- Previous experience negotiating contracts a plus