Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future.
Come join our FCA Interior Engineering Team where you'll be part of a team filled with bright, resourceful, and determined employees who play a vital role in FCA's product design and development activities. We're looking for people who thrive in a fast paced environment, deliver as a way of life, and are inspired to make a positive impact.
The Interior Cockpit Wrapping Engineer must have experience in the design and development of "soft/wrapped" interior cockpit components. The selected candidate will be responsible to design, develop, and validate wrapped Cockpit systems and components, leading the process from inception through launch. The selected candidate will oversee and execute Advanced Feasibility for wrapped instrument panel, floor console, and door trim components and consult on current production issues associated with wrapped IP components The Engineer must be an energetic leader that proposes feasible solutions and leads the team through the entire product development process.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product development for wrapped cockpit systems in one or more areas below: Instrument panel systems and components, floor console, and door trim systems and components
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills across functional teams and levels
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work to cross functional teams as well as senior management
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Proficient in the creation and implementation of DFMEAs and DVP&Rs
- Catia V5, NX, Teamcenter, FCA business system experience
- Experience with CAE tools / methods
- Knowledgeable in Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project)