FCA US LLC's College Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work in a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization.
As a leading edge company, we are able to provide real world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while providing a competitive salary.
Interns are assigned to an organization department based on the candidate's background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the department and allow the intern to take responsibility for a major task. Interns experience a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution and experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. They gain the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses. They also enhance their computer skills and learn new systems and software.
Each intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or to interview for full-time positions in our various new hire programs. Summer internships are primarily located at the Chrysler Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, other facilities in the Detroit Metropolitan area, and Business Centers located throughout the country.
Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. During the internship, interns will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed especially to enhance their knowledge of FCA, our products and the metro Detroit area.
The Automotive Design Intern will be assigned to work in the Product Design Office Studios located in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Design Interns will create near term vehicle designs, in addition to advanced packaging proposals. The qualified candidate will interface with management/employees and participate in all the daily activities and assignments. The Design Intern will be assisted by on-site design, engineering and computer support. Company needs and student preference will be taken into consideration for studio placement.
- Completion of sophomore year at an accredited university by summer of 2017
- Working toward a degree in Automotive, Product or Industrial Design
- Must produce transcripts prior to internship offer
- Candidates must submit a current portfolio, saved as a PDF, representing work from freshman year to the present (specifically highlighting automotive design projects if applicable)
- 3.0 or Higher GPA (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Strong interest in automotive industry
- Exhibit strong leadership and presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work both individually and as a team member in a creative and diverse environment
- Exceptional design intuition, with strong presentation and design communication skills
- Working knowledge of Alias, Microsoft Office, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint and/or similar programs
- This position requires a portfolio in a PDF format be submitted with your application
- Applications will not be processed without meeting this requirement. Please ensure your portfolio meets the following requirements:
- Your portfolio should represent your skills as it pertains to the position to which you're applying
- Your most current work should be presented first and displayed in descending order of most current to oldest
- When appropriate, provide a brief description of your contributions to work that is submitted for review. (i.e.: if a full model is presented, provide explanation to explain you were responsible for the full model or that your involvement was limited to specific areas of the model)
- Although depictions of your professional work are needed, you're also welcome to submit work you've accomplished on a personal basis however; the two should be separated and kept in separate sections of the portfolio
- When naming your portfolio, please use the following naming convention: Lastname-firstname-portfolio.pdf
- Portfolios displayed on personal websites will not be accepted