The Stationary/Steam/Operating Engineer (Hourly) 2nd class will work on a three-shift rotation basis and scheduled weekends and holidays to support manufacturing operations at the Brampton Assembly Plant.
Responsibilities will include: Operating equipment, Compressors, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Chillers, Boilers, Pressure vessels and associated Steam equipment and related processes, along with testing, repairing, replacing, equipment (including power and, pneumatic controls (including air logic), machine installation (including rigging) and pipe fitting installations.
The Stationary/Steam/Operating Engineer (Hourly) 2nd class will also diagnose malfunctioning systems and equipment as well as testing/inspecting water and pneumatic equipment and associated components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with TSSA codes Legislative, Safety. Ensuring that all work is completed with results in the highest quality. Computer proficiency is also required.
- Completed 2nd Class Operating Engineer with Ontario Certificate of Qualification issued by TSSA
- Certificate of current valid ticket in the Province of Ontario
- Demonstrated ability interpreting and troubleshooting Compressors, Cooling towers, Chillers, and associated Steam systems
- Undertake water chemical makeup and testing for systems
- Thorough understanding of system integration of all the processes
- Participate in Inspections with an inspector who holds a valid certificate of competency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a certified 2nd class Operating Engineer
- World Class Manufacturing or LEAN Manufacturing experience